Many homeowners tend to overlook their sewer system because they are out of sight. However, taking it for granted is a disaster waiting to happen. Just like any components of your home, you should include your sewer lines in your routine maintenance to keep your property safe and structurally sound.
As your trusted source for quality sewer repair services in Milan, MI, Dynamic Drains is here to help. We’ve come up with simple do’s and don’ts to maintain a healthy sewer line.
You can maintain a healthy sewer line by doing the following:
- Avoid pouring milk or dairy products down the drain because it has serious environmental consequences. It needs large quantities of oxygen to be broken down, suffocating water life.
- Schedule regular sewer inspections with a professional at least once a year to catch problems early. In case of pipe damage, they may recommend sewer pipe line repair.
- Use strainers for kitchen and bathroom drains to filter hair, soap scum, tiny food particles, and other debris.
- Know what foods you can and can’t put down your garbage disposal.
- Get an expert to replace sewer line when damage is beyond repair to avoid backups and other issues.
- Tend to your tree roots to avoid clogging the sewer lines.
Avoid doing the following as they can lead to major problems down the road that may not only put your sewer line at risk but your home as well.
- Opt for DIY sewer line repair solutions since they can worsen a problem or break your sewer system.
- Flush anything apart from two-ply toilet paper. Do not flush even those that claim to be flushable.
- Pour grease or oils down the drain as they harden in the pipes once they cool down, causing a blockage.
- Use store-bought drain cleaners. These products only do more harm than good because they contain caustic chemicals that can damage your drains and pipes.
- Ignore gurgling drains, toilet backups, and unpleasant smells. These are signs that indicate that there is something wrong with your sewer lines.
Whenever you need sewer line replacement, inspection, or repair, Dynamic Drains has got you covered. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.